Harvey Norman - Defective Products

IF three out four items you bought at the same store are faulty and cause you trouble, you'd probably be as disappointed as ADELENE ANTHONY.

"Out of the four items I bought from Harvey Norman in Mutiara Damansara throughout last year, three of them have caused major problems for my family and I," she tells Hotline.

"First, it was a defective Kenwood oven that was sent back to the factory for repairs. It was two months before I got it back.

"Not only was the repair delayed, I had to make numerous phone calls. I finally got my oven back after I requested to pick it up myself at the factory."

ADELENE says the second faulty item was a Philips micro hifi set. She says there was a major mix-up when the item was sent for repairs.

"Upon receiving the repaired item, only the main unit of the hifi set was returned to me. I am still waiting for the two woofers that came with it."

In the latest incident, ADELENE says her new Mitsubishi air-conditioner is causing power trips and her home's breaker box is now spoilt. The third incident pretty much drove her up the wall.

"It really didn't help that when we requested for the air-conditioner to be fixed, the staff was unhelpful," she says.

"No wonder the sales people were adamant when encouraging me to opt for extended warranties during the purchases. But what good are these warranties if no assistance is rendered when required?"

ADELENE wants Harvey Norman to clarify.

● SHAHZAN OMAR, the customer service senior executive of Elitetrax Marketing Sdn Bhd, which owns and operates the Harvey Norman chain of electronic retail stores in Malaysia, says all of ADELENE's complaints have been attended to and resolved to the best of their ability.

On the Mitsubishi air-conditioner, he says: "During installation, the contractor advised the customer that the old wiring would not be able to cope with the power requirement of the new air-cond, but she insisted on using the old wiring, thus the frequent power trip. Our contractor has since replaced the old wiring with new ones free of charge."

On the missing woofers, Shahzan says Harvey Norman has since replaced the customer with a complete new set to compensate the loss. The cost to send the faulty item to and from the service centre was borne by Harvey Norman, he says.

On the Kenwood oven, Shahzan says the delay in repairs was due to Kenwood's service centre having to order spare parts for the unit.

"Feedback from the service centre reveals that the unit was faulty due to frequent power trips. Harvey Norman bore the transportation cost for this item as well."

When contacted, ADELENE confirms her problems have been resolved.

"I've received the two woofers on April 5 and the busted wiring was fixed on March 26."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harvey Norman Malaysia will take your money and will not bother with any complains if they can get away.

I know because I sent three complaints to their 'CONTACT US FORMS' on http://www.harveynorman.com.my/contact_us.htm.
No reply till today.

I would not waste my time on such a company who do not practiced Malaysian Consumer laws in reality.

Any items bought from them is as good as goodbye to us and good riddance to us!

Skan said...

I bought an Alienware laptop (RM5,800) with extended warranty on 7th September 2015.However upon updating the windows, the laptop shutdown and was unable to boot.
I had no time to bring it back as i had to fly outstation and could only find time to return it today, 12th September 2015. Upon returning the product, i was told that the 3 days had passed for a 1 to 1 change.I needed to contact DELL myself. I understand and accept the policy however considering I am a satisfied returning customer as I have purchased many products from Harvey Norman(I have an account), I would rather not going through the trouble of contacting DELL myself, I believe Harvey Norman has a good customer service. I believe it is possible to have it done for a one to one change under management discretion to keep a returning customer happy. Besides,how often do the products you sell often return faulty ? I found out from your staff that any faulty IT product that has not been sold can be replaced by going back to the supplier. That was all I asked for. The HOD of IT was unable to resolve my complaint. Nobody in customer service was friendly enough to resolve my complaint. I told them fine , I don't blame them as they are only doing their job, nobody is able to see the impact of a disastified customer from a business perspective. Nevermind you lose one customer. But if this is the quality of customer service in Malaysia, Harvey Norman will lose out to its competitors in terms of quality of Customer Service.

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

an initiative by

Category