DIGI - Unethical Business Model

HE feels it was unethical of DiGi to increase the credit limit for his postpaid mobile account without his knowledge.

"I've been their customer for seven years now and I maintain my credit limit at RM50," says B. SARAVANAN, from Cheras.

"Last December, I noticed my credit limit was increased to RM70. Although it is a small change, they must ask for my permission before making any changes."

SARAVANAN says DiGi's action shows they do not respect customers. When he complained to DiGi, he was told they sent him an SMS notification.

"I was in India at the time. I did not receive any SMS from them."

Upon paying his March bill recently, SARAVANAN realised his current credit limit is now RM800.

"I called customer service on March 25 but was told it would take 48 hours to revert the previous credit limit."

After two days, SARAVANAN contacted DiGi again but was still given the same reason.

"Why is it taking so long? I want my credit limit to be a reasonable RM150, at most."

● A SPOKESMAN for DiGi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd says:"At the end of last year, selected DiGi postpaid customers, including SARAVANAN, were offered an increase in credit limit, depending on their average mobile usage.

"These target customers were notified via SMS with an option to reply to a short code number within a week to decline the request, failing which the credit limit would be increased automatically.

"Our record indicated that we did not receive any response from the customer, hence his credit limit was revised on Dec 24, 2010.

"We have explained and resolved the issue with the customer. Also as requested, DiGi has reset SARAVANAN's credit limit to the earlier amount of RM150 on April 1."

When contacted, SARAVANAN confirms his credit limit has been reduced.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

an initiative by

Category