IPTA - Poor System

GRACE FRANCIS has been hoping to secure enrolment in a public university and start a new chapter in her life.

But due to a website technical glitch during her online application, she now fears her future will be compromised.

"After sitting for my SPM last year, I filled up the online application form during Phase One in December for admission to public universities. A notice on screen stated the application was sent successfully."

But when GRACE tried updating her application for Phase Two, between January and February, another pop-up notification stated her information was not in the system.

"I tried registering again but a different notification then said my application has been sent, so I can't re-register. Even after trying to update my application a few times, it still failed."

Confused by the contradicting notifications, the 18-year-old from Miri, Sarawak, is now in limbo.

"Am I registered? Has my application been sent? I don't know which message is correct. I'm not even sure if my application had gone through during Phase One."

The SMK Lutong alumna is upset because living in a longhouse hours away from town, she has to travel to higher ground just to make a phone call.

"I have to travel for four hours via a four-wheel drive or a boat to get to town and the nearest Internet service.

"I've been calling the numbers on the IPTA website. They have 10 phone lines but none answered. My emails went unreplied, too," says GRACE.

"Does this mean that I have to wait till next year to apply again?"

Fearing the technical glitches may quash her chance of furthering study, she wants the IPTA admission unit to rectify the glitch and look into her application.

● A REPRESENTATIVE from the Higher Education Department's student admissions management unit says they have updated GRACE on her application status and gave her a copy of the Phase Two applications for July admission for her reference.

"In an official letter dated April 19, it says: "GRACE's application was received through the system on April 14 and is being processed. The result of IPTA admission can be made in the first week of May though website upu@mohe.gov.my. Inconveniences caused are regretted."

1 comments:

Amir said...

Memang betul dia orang memamg tak efisien...

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

an initiative by

Category